Red Cross and Earthquake Relief3 comments
Our partner organizations have decide to send money to International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent which is highly respected and an independent platform. We can also mobilize all PSA's in US universities. We can send them these posters and see what they can do. ASAP.
How you can help?
It is very easy to work with Red Cross.
Talk to Red Cross in your area, their process is simple.
1. The money you collect using red cross boxes will only be distributed through them 100%.
2. They will sign a volunteer agreement with you stating how long the box will be placed.3. They will ask you to sign a volunteer statment.
3. You can put them in your university at different places for one week. Setting up a table in university centre or union for one or two days is a better idea.
4. Put some posters highlighting tragedy and contact your university's public relations and student newspaper. You have to put info about Red Cross and their disclaimer (they provide) on all your posters.
5. Have the word out.
6. Collect the boxes after fund raising is over and then open them in fornt of Red Cross representative for varification. Send all money to International Red Cross and Red Crescent's International Response Fund for Earthquake. (After collection better take the boxes to Red Cross and open in front of them so that you dont have to go through audit hassles if they end up doing within a year).
Latest: Sepoy has devoted time and energy to make our task more easier. He has created a poster just in time. Please download posters from his website. See the sample poster as thumbnail.
I have also prepared two posters last night. See sample images below. If you need em send me an email and I will send the files to you in jpeg format. Click the pic to enlarge and save on your computer then print on a color printer.
Our new "I just need somebody to lean on" fundrasising poster for earthquake fundraising for survivors in Pakistan, India, and Kashmir